Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Meet The Director of HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE - Amanda Noel Trombley


Hello Amanda! We are so glad to have you working with Class 6 Theatre again. Last year for Class 6, you...


I directed the staged reading of Stop Kiss last year and am thrilled to be working with this company again.

 

We are very excited to have you, specifically working on this project. Can you tell me about this project excites you? 


There are so many things about this project that excite me. I love that we are producing a repertory offering. I love that both shows offer more women the chance to be on stage than men, which is a pretty rare occurrence. I'm excited to tell this beautiful story that Paula Vogel has written. I'm excited to be jumping back into theatre after almost a year off thanks to having a baby in May! This is my first project back since my son was born so it is definitely one I will remember and one I did not consider lightly.



We are all looking forward to your success with HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE! What do you have on the horizon?


Up next I am shifting gears into writing mode. I am writing the next installment of Pandanda Players' ALPHABET SHAKESPEARE series. Then I'll switch modes again and perform that play with my husband in July as part of there Herberger's Lunchtime Theatre program. There will also be various teaching endeavors in the meantime.


 

That sounds great! There are a lot of very exciting things coming up for you including this power piece of theatre. Thank you so much for your time. 

 

 

Get your tickets today!


A native of Arizona, Amanda Noel Trombley left to pursue a Bachelor's from Pepperdine University and a Master of Letters and a Master of Fine Arts in Shakespeare and Performance from Mary Baldwin College in association with the American Shakespeare Center. Since graduating, she has been involved with theatre around the valley as an actor, director, writer, and teacher. Directing highlights since returning to the valley include last year's Stop Kiss staged reading at Class 6, Julius Caesar, A Midsummer Night's Dream (co-directed with her husband, Daniel) and more. Amanda is grateful to create art with wonderful people in a place she loves. Her artistic motto comes from Much Ado About Nothing: Serve, Love, Mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment