Sunday, May 10, 2015

Meet the Cast of TWELFTH NIGHT - Jaime Fox as Viola
















 

Hello Jaime Fox! We are so glad to have you back! Can you tell us a little about your Class 6 Theatre Experience?

Besides being fortunate enough to get to perform with Class 6 in several of their productions, I'm also an avid supporter of Class 6 in any way possible.  They put on incredible, sometimes edgy, unique shows and I'm so pleased with how this company is growing.

What would you say excites you about this show? 

I'm basically a Shakespeare nerd so everything about this show excites me!  It's such a fun script and we have a really outstanding cast - I can't wait to get started!  Plus it's an acting challenge I'm eager to tackle. 

Do you have someone who you think serves as a good role model for your gender?

Wow...this is a surprisingly hard question to answer!  I have some that I feel might be common: Hillary Clinton, Ruth Bader Ginsburg - both women who broke gender barriers and showed amazing strength.  Anne Frank was also a role model to me as her writings about coming of age was so valuable to me when I was younger as were her views on humanity.  Hannah Sennesh is an Israeli icon who joined the army during WWII and became a paratrooper.  She wrote during her time while imprisoned and I found her courage and spirit of hope so compelling.  I often feel like expectations for women can be so narrow minded, which is why I really like women who break away from the mold, which is something I hope to do as well!

Which Shakespeare character do you think you are and why? 

Hmmmm.....well, I took that quiz and it told me I was Viola - which is AWESOME!  The quiz results said: "Like Viola, you break boundaries and challenge conventions."  Yes!  Success!  Ok...who do I THINK I am...hmmmm....I think I can be a little like Hamlet because I tend to over think things and can be mopey at times (sans the murderous and incestuous tendencies of course).

Like Viola, you break boundaries and challenge conventions. You try anything, and more often than not, you enjoy it. Because of your courage, friends often draft you to help with their complicated plans, and that's how you end up in quandaries. Be brave, and never compromise your unique personality to fit in.



And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Jaime Fox (Viola) is so excited to be back on the Class 6 Theatre stage again this sea-son! She has performed in their previous productions of “How I Learned to Drive”, “Julius Caesar” and as part of a special understudy performance in “Goodnight, Desde-mona.” Locally, Jaime has worked with Arizona Jewish Theatre, Nearly Naked Theatre, Phoenix Theatre’s 2nd Draft Series and Pandora’s Best of Festivals. In Israel, she has worked with the Guild Theatre of Ra’anana and Tel Aviv Theatre. Jaime currently works in the Education Department at Childsplay and studies with the Megaw Actor’s Studio. She is represented by Leighton Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment