Sunday, May 10, 2015

Meet the Cast of TWELFTH NIGHT - Tony Latham as Andrew Aguecheek






















Hello Tony Latham and welcome back! This is your second production with us, right?

This is my second production at Class 6. I played the Male Greek Chorus in How I Learned to Drive earlier this year. I really like the low-budget, raw feeling of this production and Class 6 seems keen to make it about the work and not the costumes.

Why would you say you are excited for this production? 

I saw a production of Twelfth Night at NAU while I was there and fell in love with the show. Sir Andrew, my role in this production, was one that I really wanted to play. When I was cast, I was so excited that I watched as many productions as I could online and have been striving to do something different with the role. Hopefully I've done that.

We are very excited to see the result of your hard work! Do you have a role model or someone you look up to?

I have many, though I would only cite my fiancee as someone who continues to influence me. Rachel is the hardest working, most professional, and stalwart person I know. I always take my cue from her.

Which Shakespeare character do you think you most relate to?

I would say either Mercutio or Hamlet. Mercutio, because there are more important things in life than death. Or Hamlet, because impetuosity can sometimes get the better of me.


Is anyone on your side? It's hard to tell. People lie. People cheat. People look out for themselves. Everyone tells you what you should do so it is often difficult to make your own decisions. Follow your inner voice despite all the noise. It will not lead you astray.


And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Tony Latham (Andrew Aguecheek) graduated from Northern Arizona University with his Bachelors in Theatre Performance and Political Science. Some favorite perfor-mances include: Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (Theater Works), Male Greek Chorus in How I Learned to Drive (Class 6), Mr. Gatch in H2$ (Theater Works) Alan Strang in Equus (NAU), Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet (NAU). Other performances: Spirit (Grey Matters), Shifting Gears (Canyon Moon), and Gun-Shy (Canyon Moon). He regularly performs with Names From a Hat Improv in Mesa and Tempe. Find his page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment