Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Meet the Assistant Stage Manager of TWELFTH NIGHT - Andrea Privett


Hello Andrea Privett! Thanks for taking the time to share a little about yourself. How did you get involved with Class 6 Theatre?

I volunteered to help with the load in for last year's production of Julius Caesar.  I got to know Eric while hanging lights and cutting gels.  Eric invited me to come back and see about maybe becoming a part of the Class 6 team.  I jumped at the opportunity and have been happy to be a part of it since.  I never get tired of the shows.  The actors and production crew are dedicated and it shows.  So far I am having an amazing experience.

That's great to hear! Excited for TWELFTH NIGHT?

I am excited to see the director and cast bring Shakespeare's Twelfth Night to life.  This production will be worth seeing because I am already hearing "interesting" ideas for the show, and that coupled with an extremely talented crew, will make for an unforgettable show and great memories

What Shakespeare character do you think you would be? 
 
I would want to be Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet because this was the first Shakespeare play I read and I thought Mercutio was the most interesting character and that he had the best lines.  His character gets to joke, argue, fight, and die dramatically.  His line "Ask for me to-morrow, and you shall find me a grave man.", sums up his character perfectly and who wouldn't want to be someone who gives such iconic last words?





And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!


_____________________________________________________________________________________________


Andrea Privett is overjoyed to be working with Class 6 Theatre again in their production of Twelfth Night. Most recently she stage managed for Class 6's previous productions of Sylvia and How I Learned to Drive. Andrea is an Arizona native and graduated from the University of Arizona, majoring in Theatre Arts and Business Administration.  Andrea is currently a Theatre Technician at the Gammage Auditorium at Arizona State University. She is also an Assistant House Manager at the Tempe Center for the Arts. Andrea is honored to be a part of the Class 6 team and is looking forward to an amazing run!

No comments:

Post a Comment