Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Meet the Cast of TWELFTH NIGHT - Kate Haas as the Understudy for Viola/Feste




Hello Kate Haas! Very excited to have you back with us at Class 6 Theatre after seeing you in Julius Caesar last season. Was that your first show with us?
My first show with Class 6 Theatre was Julius Caesar. I had a blast! I loved working on a show with so many women, and it was a wonderful challenge to play 3 different roles.

What would you say excites you most about this show?
Twelfth Night is one of my favorites because of the many characters and subplots woven together. There is so much going on! I am also excited to understudy multiple roles. I don't get to understudy very often, so it'll be a fun exercise and a challenge, I'm sure.

Always up to the challenge! Do you think that attitude has made you a role model for anyone?
  I teach theatre to young students, and I try to be a role model to them. I want to show them that acting can be a great career, but it takes a lot of hard work and perseverance.

Which Shakespeare character do you think you are and why?
I have definitely been in similar shoes as Viola in my life. I try to tackle challenges that come my way. She and I both like puns. I also remember growing up and having a crush on a guy, but he was into my friend and would ask me advice about how to get her to like him. Yes, Viola, I can relate.




From Twelfth Night. Like Viola, you break boundaries and challenge conventions. You try anything, and more often than not, you enjoy it. Because of your courage, friends often draft you to help with their complicated plans, and that's how you end up in quandaries. Be brave, and never compromise your unique personality to fit in.




And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!


_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kate Haas is excited to work with Class 6 Theatre again, after appearing in Julius Caesar last spring. Previously this season, she appeared in Charlotte's WebJunie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, and Girls Who Wear Glasses, all with Childsplay. She has also performed with Rising Youth Theatre, Southwest Shakespeare, Actors Theatre, Phoenix Theatre for Young Audiences, and Stray Cat Theatre. Kate studies at the Megaw Actors Studio and holds a BA in Theatre from ASU.

No comments:

Post a Comment