Saturday, April 18, 2015

Meet the Cast of TWELFTH NIGHT - Toni Jourdan as Olivia




Hello Toni Jourdan! We are so glad to have you on board! Have you ever worked with Class 6 Theatre before?

This is my first time to be able to work with Class 6 but have auditioned another time. I have seen a few plays from past seasons and have thoroughly enjoyed them and thought that they were creative and a delight to watch.

Thank you! So, what excites you about this production?

I am a huge Shakespeare fan and have had the pleasure of acting in "Twelfth Night” before when I lived in California. I was Viola and also Feste. I have also directed a teen production of “Twelfth Night.”  I have also acted in “Comedy of Errors,” (Luciana) “Taming of the Shrew,” (Tranio & the Widow) “Romeo and Juliet,” (Lady Capulet) “King Lear,” (Goneril) “Much Ado About Nothing,” (Beatrice) “Two Gentlemen of Verona," (Julia) “Midsummer Nights Dream,” (Helena)  “As You Like It.” (Rosalind) “Julius Caesar” (Cassius) AND I wrote a show entitled “Green Eggs & Hamlet” aka Shakespeare/Seuss where I paired up the writings of my two favorites William Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss. (i.e.: The Sneetches and the Montagues and Capulets… The Grinch and Richard III…) Like I said… big fan. I am so excited to have the opportunity to look at  “Twelfth Night” from another perspective! Also… I studied Shakespeare at the British American Dramatic Academy in Oxford, England for a summer. 

Do you feel that you serve as a role model for anyone in your life?

In Shakespeare I am quite often cast as the boy who pretends to be a girl (since I’m quite tall). I feel that I’m a role model for those that are not always what they seem. I’m quiet on the outside but just waiting for an opportunity to share who I am… I have a knack with kids, especially the shy ones since I completely understand them and they can see that I’m able to be involved in theatre or programs where I read to kids, or do crafts… they see that there’s quite a few safe environments to show off your stuff without giving yourself away. Does that make sense?  

Do you relate to any Shakespeare character in particular?

I took the quiz of Which Shakespeare Character Are You and came out as Ariel from “The Tempest”




You're a powerful soul who tends to give your power over to others. You love to help and you often feel indebted to those who are kind to you. Like Ariel, you are playful, friendly, and fiercely loyal. When you can shake off the feelings of guilt, you are a joyful, free spirit.

Or so they say… :)  I am definitely a “free spirit.” I think I am more like Rosalind from “As You Like It” (who is also loyal and hidden behind a safe persona, yet not afraid to speak her mind or to take charge, when necessary).




And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Toni Jourdan (Olivia) - Toni is pleased as pie to be part of Class 6's "Twelfth Night" which happens to be written by her favorite playwright. She studied theatre at the British American Dramatic Academy and has directed a teen version of this same play. Toni is also a playwright having written a play entitled "Green Eggs and Hamlet" where she combined the works of her second favorite writer, Dr. Seuss with Shakespeare. She dedicates this production to Charlie and Nick, who support her and her crazy love of everything theatrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment