Friday, April 24, 2015

Meet the Cast of TWELFTH NIGHT - Bradley Beamon as Sebastian/Curio/Officer





















Welcome Bradley Beamon! Thanks for taking the time to speak with us a little bit! Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m pretty new here, but the people seem fantastic. I can already sense an equal balance of professionalism and play, which I believe to be crucial for good work.

What would you say excites you most about this production? 

Sebastian has been one of my dream roles for quite a while, and Twelfth Night is among my Top Five favorite works of Shakespeare (the other four being King John, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Tempest, and As You Like It).

Do you think you serve as a role model for anyone?

I attempt to be a good role model for anyone I can. Many times I will fail, but I refuse to give up the effort. As for myself, I look up to the vast majority of my friends, family, and teachers.  Iron sharpens iron, and I surround myself with metaphorical iron.

Which character do you think you most identify with?

I really identify with Sebastian. I would say if I was anyone in Shakespeare’s plays, it is he.  I too have a very close relationship with my only sibling (my little brother, Ryan, of whom I couldn’t be more proud). Like Sebastian, my emotions run deep, and I can be volatile at times.  However, also like him, I can remain calm in a crisis in spite of such emotions.
According to the online quiz, I am Ariel from the Tempest. Because, when in doubt, gender bend.
You're a powerful soul who tends to give your power over to others. You love to help and you often feel indebted to those who are kind to you. Like Ariel, you are playful, friendly, and fiercely loyal. When you can shake off the feelings of guilt, you are a joyful, free spirit.

And why not take the Shakespeare quiz yourself? Make sure to SHARE your result and mention #Class6Theatre and #TwelfthNight!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
An alumnus of Grand Canyon University’s Theatre program, Bradley’s favorite acting credits include Charles in Dial P for Peanuts, Peter in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Horton the Elephant in Seussical. He is excited to play his dream role of Sebastian in this production. Bradley is also a screenwriter, currently writing for the new web series Leviathan. He would like to thank his family for their continued support, his friends for providing frequent doses of insanity, and God for all the doors He has opened. www.bradleybeamon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment